Creativity. Resourcefulness. Patience. Innovation. All are necessary in concocting special, delicious, and one-of-a-kind products from food that would otherwise be wasted. We work with a range of local Pittsburgh partners, from Threadbare Cider to Millie’s Homemade Ice Cream.
Innovative products crafted from surplus food.
412 Food Rescue thanks our local business partners for their incredible collaboration to creatively reduce food waste and advance our hunger relief efforts in Pittsburgh:
- Con Pane – Cinderlands Beer Co, DiAnoias Eatery, 2022 ft. rescued bread
- 412 City Cider – Threadbare Cider House, 2018 – 2021, ft. harvested fruits
- Rescueberry Shake – East End Brewing Company, 2019, ft. rescued and donated berries
- Con Pane – Cinderlands Beer Co, DiAnoias Eatery, 2019 ft. rescued bread
- 412 Kvass – Strange Roots Experimental Ales, 2019, ft. rescued bread
- Thanksgiving Day Kvass – Strange Roots Experimental Ales, 2019 ft. rescued bread aged with rosemary and cranberry
- Banana Pudding – Millie’s Homemade Ice Cream, 2018, ft. rescued bananas
- Lemon Mulberry Reserve – Millie’s Homemade Ice Cream, 2017, ft. harvested mulberries
- LOAF – East End Brewing Company, 2016 ft. rescued bread
- FORAGED – Wigle Whiskey, 2016 ft. harvested apples and crabapples